Being the direction of sunrise, an east facing house brings positive energy and harmony. Hence east is considered an auspicious direction as per vastu shastra and houses facing the east are easily sold and in high demand.
Vastu for East Facing House – Open Spaces:
It is advisable to keep more space towards the east while the house is being constructed. According to vastu for east facing houses, the open spaces in the front side of the house should be more than at the back side. Avoid open spaces in the south-west.
Vastu for East Facing House – Master Bedroom:
- As per vastu, the master bedroom should be in the southwest part of the house.
- Sleeping with head towards the north might result in sleeplessness and should be avoided.
Vastu for East Facing House – Kitchen:
- The kitchen should be in the south-east part of the house for an east facing house.
- One should be facing northwest while cooking.
- Fridge should be in the northwest of the kitchen or southeast.
- Above all kitchens adjacent to toilets are to be avoided.
Vastu for East Facing House – Puja Room:
- Puja rooms should be in the northeast for an east facing house with face towards the east. A window in the northeast wall is beneficial.
Vastu for East Facing House – Windows and Doors:
- Vastu shastra lays a great deal of importance to the positioning of the main door of the house. For an east facing house, the 5th step or the middle part of the house is the most auspicious. It is the location of the Sun god – the god of fame and brings prosperity, fame and respect.
- The main door can be extended towards the north-east part of the house, that is padas 3rd and 4th may be included.
- The extreme corners of the house that is the north-east direction and the south-east direction are unsuitable for the door.
- Windows facing north and east are considered favorable.
Vastu for East Facing House – Other rooms:
- Living room: The living room in an east facing house should be ideally in the northeastern part of the house.
- Bathrooms & Lavatories: In an east facing the house, bathrooms can be either in the southwest or the southeast or even northeast.
- Guest room: the guest room in an east facing house should be in the northwest.
- Balcony: Rays of sunshine are beneficial for the house hence balconies should be in the north-east and south should be avoided.
- Multi-story: the construction should be done more towards the back part of the house than the front portion.
- Septic tank: A septic tank in the northeast part is a major vastu defect and therefore should be avoided in an east facing house especially.
Vastu for East Facing House- Tips:
- A staircase in the northeast is not advised.
- The front or the eastern wall should be lower than the wall behind. The wall in the south-west should be wider than the ones in the north-east.
- A storage tank is not to be constructed in the middle or the back portions of the house.
- Vastu Shastra prescribes trees in the northeastern part of the house and plantation in the southwest is considered beneficial.
- Projections from the flat are not advised except in the northeast up to 10%.
- Provide a slope towards the north-east direction. A slope from south to north is considered good.