Designing a bathroom is a challenging task, as it requires incorporation of a lot of things in a small space. A bathroom should be of a suitable size with all the necessities.
- The bathroom must be adjacent to bedrooms as it is the most convenient location for a bathroom.
- Make small storages. Instead of stuffing articles in a large cabinet, design small storage spaces to store toiletries, towels, etc.
- Wall mounted storages are fit for the purpose.
- Incorporate built-in bathtub as this will evidently save some space.
- Do not select an oversized wash-basin as this will occupy the useful space. Basin should be of suitable size, allowing a proper hand movement.
- To reduce humidity and odors, it is essential to have proper ventilation.
- Avoid using a wooden material in the bathroom as moisture and humidity may ruin the wood.
- Use all materials that have a water-resistant finish on it.
- Add a sufficient number of rods, hangers, hooks, towel rack and grab bars.
- Adjust the shower height as per your preference.
- Maintain an adequate source of lighting in the bathroom.
- Add a wide mirror in the bathroom as it would reflect light and make the bathroom look more spacious.
- Arrange the door swing in such a way that it does not collide with any fixture in the bathroom.
These are some planning guides for designing a bathroom. Create a functional and storage friendly bathroom using these guidelines.